AMERICAN TRANSIT INSURANCE COMPANY
PRIVACY NOTICE & AUTHORIZATION
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect nonpublic, personal, and other information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on your applications or other forms, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, your hack license, and date of birth;
- Information about your transactions and experiences with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your payment history, claims, coverages, and vehicle changes;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies, which provide us with motor vehicle reports, claim reports, ride sharing and livery bases, and/or credit information where permitted by law.
- Information we receive from American Transit Insurance Company’s mobile application such as your location, name, address, phone number, license plate number, and other accident related information.
USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records.
We may disclose your nonpublic information to persons or organizations as necessary to process and service your policy and to settle claims. For example, we exchange nonpublic personal information about you with our agents, brokers, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make. When you are involved in a claim, your policy information is provided to adjusters and the businesses that will repair your or your claimants’ vehicle(s) and medical providers and others involved in the assessment and treatment of your or your claimants’ personal injuries.
We may share your information with vendors who process transactions for us and with financial institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. We have agreements with these parties requiring them to protect the privacy of your information. They are not allowed to use nonpublic information about you other than as specified or permitted by law.
We may provide certain aggregate data to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in the data.
For the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud and analyzing business results, we may share the following information with certain ride hailing or rideshare service companies such as Uber, Lyft, Gett and Via and livery and radio bases (including those that may be identified in your application for insurance or that you identify thereafter):
- driver’s information
- policy information
- vehicle information
- other related information and data
In return for such disclosure, the ride hailing or rideshare service company may provide us with your proprietary score or similar information maintained by such company.
We may also share nonpublic information about you for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured
- with our reinsurers
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to employees who we have determined need it in order to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard customer information, and we require them to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information from unauthorized access by third parties.
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSING AGREEMENT
In using American Transit Insurance Company’s mobile application to access its accident reporting service, you agree to abide by the Licensing Agreement. This may be reviewed at:Mobile Application Licensing Agreement
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE PRIVACY CONCERNS
If you have any concerns about the way your information is being used, you can call us or contact us below:
Please write to us at:
American Transit Insurance Company
One MetroTech Center, 7th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Or email us at Privacy@American-Transit.com.